- Board Meetings
- Agenda Items
Meetings of the Board of Directors
Click the Agenda Items tab above for Board packet information
The Board of Directors of Upper Trinity Regional Water District hold regular meetings, typically on the first Thursday of each month. Normally, the meeting starts at 1:00 PM. Residents have an opportunity to speak to the Board of Directors regarding items on the agenda during a period at the beginning of each meeting. In addition, residents may speak on other items at the end of the meeting.
The official agenda for each meeting of the Board of Directors is posted at the Denton County Courthouse and at the Offices of the District. The electronic copy contained herein is provided for general information only. In the event of a discrepancy between the electronic version and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail.
To download an individual item, please click the highlighted item.
NOTICE OF MEETING
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2018 AT 12:30 P.M.
UPPER TRINITY REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
BOARD MEETING ROOM
900 N. KEALY
LEWISVILLE, TX 75057
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that there will be a Board Meeting of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District at the above date, time, and location. The matters to be considered and acted
upon at the Board Meeting are set forth below:
WORK SESSION - - To discuss agenda items and related matters of interest to the Board of Directors.
A. Lake Ralph Hall - 404 Permitting Process Update
B. District Response to Storm Events
REGULAR SESSION BOARD MEETING
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and confirm Quorum
3. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation
4. Opening Remarks:
A. President’s Remarks concerning current events, conduct of the meeting, posted agenda items, committee assignments, and related matters.
B. Executive Director’s Status Report about legislation and regulatory matters, about budgets, current projects and on-going programs of the District, including: the Regional Water System, Water Resource Development, Regional Water Reclamation Systems, Watershed Protection and Water Conservation.
C. Presentations about awards, recognitions, achievements, etc. of the District, Board Members, Member Entities and Staff.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes per agenda topic. To enable the conduct of business and to allow all topics to be covered, the President may limit the number of speakers per agenda item.)
CONSENT AGENDA *
- Adopt minutes of October 4, 2018 Board Meeting.
- Accept "Annual Review" of the District's Investment Policy
- Approve request for assignment of Contract for Transportation and Landfill Disposal of District's Water Reclamation Plant Bio-solids from Waste Managemet of Texas, Inc. to Allied Waste Systems, Inc.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into a contract with Wells-Fargo Bank for Bank Depository Services for the District.
- Authorize Executive Director to enter into a purchasing agreement with SEL Engineering Services, Inc. under a previously authorized pricing agreement to provide replacement of Electrical Protection Relays.
- Authorize the Executive Director to enter into a pricing agreement with Prime Controls, LP for the purchase of SCADA System Maintenance and Repair Services.
* Any Board Member may request an item on the Consent Agenda to be taken up for individual consideration.
ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
- Adopt proclamation in honor of Veteran's Day on November 11, 2018.
- Consider approval of Task Order No. 3 to existing contract with Alan Plummer and Associates for services related to design, bidding and construction of side-stream ozone rehabillitation at the Taylor Water Treatment Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Change Order No. 1 to existing construction contract with Crescent Constructors, Inc. for pumping improvements to Harpool Water Tratment Plant. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Consider approval of Task Order No. 2 to existing contract with CP&Y, Inc. for services related to surveying and mapping for Lake Ralph Hall. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Executive Session concerning acquisition (or exchange) of easements, rights-of-way and other property for Water Resource Development, for Regional Treated Water System or for Regional Water Reclamation Systems according to location maps of the projects available in the District Office, and regarding water rights and related permits pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.072; and, meeting with legal counsel pursuant to Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 relative to a matter in which the attorney is required under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct to convey advice in Executive Session.
- Consider action on property matters, some of which may have been discussed in Executive Session. (Weighted Capital Vote)
- Review potential agenda items, activities and announcements for future Board meetings.
- Visitor Comments Concerning Non-Agenda Topics. (Residents who desire to address the Board must complete a Speaker’s Request Form and return it to the Board Secretary. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes. To provide all visitors an opportunity to speak, the President may request speakers to avoid repetitious remarks. In accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Members of the Board are not authorized to discuss items not on the posted agenda.)